Information Covered by this Policy
This Policy applies to any personally identifiable information about you (“Personal Information”), that you may provide to CANTRIA when:
- using our website or sending us information by email;
- speaking with one of our representatives on the phone; or
- providing information to us in writing.
Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- your name;
- your photograph;
- your contact information, such as your physical address, phone number, or email address;
- your demographic information, such as your ethnicity, gender or age;
- your health information, such as your medical history.
Information Collected and How We Use It
At various locations on our site, and during our business practice, we ask you for information, which will allow us to provide you with information that is targeted specifically to you. If you would like to be considered for participation in a clinical trial, this information allows us to contact you regarding studies for which you may be eligible. We collect information in the following ways:
- Initial User Registration. We collect information you provide to us when you register on our website (such as: name, year of birth, email address, physical address, phone number, and demographic information).
- Enrollment Forms. Many of our users are interested in participating in clinical trials, or receiving information about clinical trials, or receiving other information related to the field and study of adult cancers. To learn whether you satisfy the initial entry criteria for a particular clinical trial, we may request additional medical information. If you meet initial eligibility criteria for a particular clinical trial, and grant us explicit permission to do so, your information may be forwarded to and/or reviewed with a clinical trial study site.
- Data Aggregation. To enhance our ability to provide you with our services, we may combine your Personal Information with aggregated data about groups of people in similar circumstances. However, we will remove all information that would specifically identify you individually, so that we are left with only the information that would allow us to obtain the aggregated data results.
- Newsletters. We and our partners (e.g., medical centers, healthcare companies, medical websites) may occasionally offer newsletters or other publications focused on specific medical conditions that you might want to receive. If you ask to receive a newsletter, we will use your contact information to deliver the material you request.
- Data Partners. CANTRIA partners with several companies that gather opted-in information from consumers, which include self-reported health information. If you have provided Personal Information to one of our Data Partners (including information on your health, purchasing habits, or lifestyle) indicated an interest in clinical research studies or health information, and opted in to receive information of interest from third parties, we may receive your Personal Information from the Data Partner.
- Public Records. In some circumstances, we may link the information you have provided to our Data Partners with publicly available data about you, such as public directory phone numbers.
- Messaging Services. If you enroll in a clinical trial and expressly consent to receiving study information and messages, we will provide you with appointment reminders, study instructions, and other important study instructions. In addition, we may exchange relevant health information with the study doctor and staff in order to provide these services.
- Opt Out Requests. If you send us an email or use our website to opt out of receiving information or being contacted, we will retain and use some of your information to avoid further contact with you. We may also retain your information to the extent it has previously been incorporated in anonymized data and as necessary for us to meet legal requirements and defend claims against us.
You may remove your information from our contact list by sending an email entitled “Unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or similar legal process served on our website, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
CANTRIA does not collect information through our website from individuals who are known to be under the age of 13. Our website is not directed to anyone under the age of 13 years, and if we learn that we have received personal information from a child under 13, then we will delete that information.
Information Sharing and Transfer
We will share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement or unless you expressly opt in to such sharing.
Service Providers/Partners We may provide your information to third-party service providers (e.g., call centers, email service providers), or data partners who are contractually bound to handle your information confidentially and prohibited from disclosing your information to others.
When and How CANTRIA May Contact You
When you register with CANTRIA, or complete a prequalification questionnaire associated with a particular trial, you indicate your consent for CANTRIA to store your Personal Information in our database and contact you about clinical trials for which you may be eligible, or receive information on a specific topic indicated by you, by various means, including telephone, email, and mailing address. You also have the option of receiving emails regarding new postings to our site, including news or new clinical trials. In addition, CANTRIA may contact you periodically when we have provided new functionality to our website, so that you may take advantage of the new services. Providing a telephone number constitutes your consent for CANTRIA to contact you at that number for the purposes outlined in this Policy.
Cookies / Tracking Technologies
CANTRIA uses technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, to track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. A cookie is a data file that is placed by a website operator on the hard drive of a visitor’s computer to their site. First party cookies (owned and controlled by CANTRIA) are enabled to the computers of those visiting our websites for the following purposes: to improve the user experience by allowing the site to remember a visitor as they browse through different pages; to allow us to perform site analytics; to assess whether visitors to the site later become referrals to clinical trials. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve analytics and site functionality.
Social Media Buttons and Links to Third Party Sites
Information Security We maintain information security safeguards to protect your Personal Information. We protect any Personal Information you provide using encryption, and utilize firewalls to protect our computer network from hackers. We take reasonable steps designed to prevent unauthorized access, use and alteration of Personal Information, but cannot guarantee the security of such information. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely or 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. CANTRIA is not responsible for the security of information transmitted over the Internet, wireless networks, and other networks we do not control.
Sale or Transfer of Corporate Assets
CANTRIA expressly reserves the right to transfer its database of information to another legal entity as part of any sale or merger of CANTRIA, LLC with that entity. Any entity acquiring CANTRIA’s data assets will do so with the express, written commitment to use the data only for authorized purposes, and only if the entity maintains a similar level of privacy and information security protection. You will be notified via notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Inquiries, Complaints, and Requests to Exercise Rights
All communications, queries, requests to exercise informational rights (e.g. access to data) or complaints, including those that relate to compliance with the Safe Harbor Framework, should be addressed:
By email to: email@example.com
Or by certified mail to:
501 S. Cherry Street
Denver, CO 80246
Changes to the Policy
Our Policy is not a contract, and it does not create any legal rights or obligations. CANTRIA reserves the right to modify or amend this Policy. We regularly review our Policy to ensure that it provides an appropriate level of protection for your Personal Information. From time to time, we may make changes to our Policy to keep it current with industry standards and as required by law. We will post the date of the most recent revisions on this page. Please check back here from time to time to make sure that you are current and up-to-date on our Policy. Please keep in mind that your use of our website means that you accept our Privacy and Security Policy.
This Policy was last updated on June 02, 2016.